Friday, August 22, 2014

Blessing the Garden

When I'm alone working in the garden I always feel the presence of the Almighty. For me, there is an understanding between what I can do and what I leave to Mother Nature. So I welcomed the blessing of the garden this morning. It's more than symbolism for me…it sort of makes my garden world whole. Father Prince, the pastor of Immaculate Conception, officiated and some of the volunteers that make the arrangements on Friday's were present for the blessing. The ceremony was held in Mary's garden on the feast day of the Queenship of Mary.


I took a walk in the rose garden following the ceremony to see what was in bloom. The roses are recovering from a higher than usual Japanese Beatle infestation this year as well as the summer bloom lull. This is what I saw.
 Benjamin Britten

 Ceciel Brunner
 Gold Medal
 Jude the Obscure
 Julia Child
 Kordes Perfecta
 Love and Peace
 Mardi Gras
 Marie Van Houtte
 Mary Rose
 Oklahoma
 Princess Anne
 Richards Rose
Tahitian Sunset

Here are arrangements of what has been blooming in the garden during August.






No comments:

Post a Comment