Sunday, July 14, 2013

Hot and Humid

Typical summer weather this week-hot, humid, and sticky. Only a couple of new flowers this week. The first is liatris. I grow them in pots buried in the garden since the voles ate them a few years ago. They are the new bloomer in the garden this week.

This is the first year I've grown Ring of Fire sunflower. It looks better in the picture than it does as a cut flower. I won't be growing it in the cutting garden again.
Prairie Sun rudbeckia is a great cut and garden flower. The blossom is big and it holds well too.
I've been growing Firecracker loostrife for several years now. It move through my garden as though it is looking for the perfect spot.
Every summer a branch or two on my edgeworthia shrub dies. The rest of the shrub is healthy and there is abundant new growth. I'm not sure what is causing this.
A couple of new lily's began blooming this week.

The rose of the week is Black Magic.
This weeks cut flowers and two arrangements (min and max).


No comments:

Post a Comment