Monday, July 1, 2013

Day Lilies

Last Fall I went to an estate sale to get a concrete bench for the church garden. While at the sale I saw that the backyard was an overgrown and neglected garden of day lilies and irises. There seemed to be hundreds so I asked if they were for sale too. I acquired 80-100 of each and it took me until January to get them all planted. Not all will bloom this year but here are some of the day lilies blooming now.








This year the purple coneflowers in the church garden are good healthy clumps. They look better than the ones in my home garden.
I'm still struggling with getting a good succession bloom of gladiolus in the cutting garden but these are the first blooms. 

The rose of the week is Enfant de France.
This weeks cut flowers and an arrangement.

No comments:

Post a Comment