Monday, June 10, 2013

Hydrangea Season

Hydrangea's are coming into full bloom in my garden. They dominate the garden for several weeks and are almost as showy as azaleas and camellias. It was a wet week with over 3" of gentle rain. Here are his weeks flowers in bloom. The first is Nikko Blue Hydrangea.
 Phlox is starting to bloom too.
Primrose is invasive but I can put up with it when they bloom so abundantly.
I moved my red hot poker plants two years ago and they pout it seems for a year or two until they begin to sparsely bloom again. 
 The waxy smooth blooms of Sweet Bay Magnolia are always beautiful.
 I like yarrow...both the foliage and bloom.
Simple beauty---Daisy.
The rose of the week is Francis Dubreuil. The blueish purple shading is unique to this rose.
The cut flowers and arrangements this past week.

No comments:

Post a Comment