Sunday, November 11, 2012

Another Cool Week

The weather has been cooler than normal for the last two weeks but this weekend the temperatures returned to normal. I spent some time digging Iris and dividing them since they bloomed poorly this spring. They needed it since they were just a mass of rhizomes. The only new bloom in my garden is the Peace rose. In the Fall her blooms are more yellow with just a tinge of pink. This rose always reminds me of my Grandmother and Aunt's flower garden. As a young boy it seemed to be a bit of paradise and in some ways I always compare my garden to this memory. A few years ago I looked over the fence into the backyard of their house--the garden was gone but I could still see it. Here is Peace.
Fatsia is also blooming.
A couple of foliage plants that still look good: Bears Breech and Variegated Climbing Fatshedera.
The arrangement this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment