Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving is the best of holidays. Lots of good food, family, and friends. It's the complete feel good holiday. The day after Thanksgiving I took my grandchildren to the church garden to plant some spring bulbs. This served two purposes; they needed to burn off some energy and they're closer to the ground than I am to plant the bulbs. They weren't bashful in getting their hands dirty, seemed to enjoy it, and the 100+ bulbs were planted quickly. Here's some pics. I let them take the pictures of each other so that added to the fun.
The weather has been cooler than normal for the month of November and I had my first freeze this past week. In my last blog entry I posted a pic of a Peace rose bloom and below is the same bloom about 10 days later.  When not much is blooming it is nice to have the few blooms hold.
This is the last church arrangement for awhile as we enter the Advent season.

No comments:

Post a Comment