Sunday, October 10, 2010

Man's Best Friend

We adopted a dog from the local Animal Aide Society this week.  It's been about two years since our last dog Trixie left us.  For our earlier dogs I would take them out on a leash or chase them down if they wandered off--but chasing them down isn't as much fun as it was when I was younger so it was time to fence the backyard.  With that task completed finding a dog didn't take long.  She's a Walker Hound, about two years old, and very reserved--she's not aggressive enough to hunt which is probably how she ended up in a rescue shelter.  Here is Sophie.


It was a perfect weather this weekend to plant the foxglove that I had ordered from Bluestone and clean up the garden.  I had also stopped at local nurseries this week and found a number of shrubs and plants that I couldn't resist.  I'm pretty sore having spent a lot of time bent over the last two days.  Advil is my best friend right now.

I thought I'd take a few pictures of plants going to seed this week but what caught my eye were the plants putting out buds.  So here they are.

Anemone

Ligularia

Stokesia

Tuberose

Camelia

And this weeks church flowers and an arrangement.



No comments:

Post a Comment