Monday, August 16, 2010

Enchanted Forest


This weekend my grandchildren visited.  The weather was exceptionally mild for August so we decided to visit the Enchanted Forest at the Norfolk Botanical Gardens.  Now my children never shared my enthusiasm in touring the gardens when they were younger but the garden staff has created a permanent children's garden called the "World of Wonders" that the kids really enjoy.  This year they have added the Enchanted Forest which takes the themes from eight children's nursery stories and creates exhibits that the kids loved.  As an engineer I was impressed with both the designs and the craftsmanship in building them.  Here are two: "old woman whole lived in a shoe" and "Huckleberry Finn".


The raft was mounted on springs and moved as though it was floating on water--how cool!!



My daughter remarked that she never thought she'd hear her children want to visit the garden again--times change.  Of course I took a few pics but they really don't capture the depth and breadth of this garden.





And this weeks church flowers--the Monarda and Kerri are blooming again.



No comments:

Post a Comment