Sunday, July 25, 2010

Yellow Flowers

It was a hot week and the weekend even hotter--105+.  Less than a half inch of rain over the last 8 weeks too.  Fortunately I have a well so I can water freely.  The water is high in iron and turns the sidewalk brown but the garden is green.  Seems like a fair trade to me.  As I was dead heading spent blossoms this week it seemed that the predominant color is yellow so thought I'd take some pics of them.














When I was looking for a yellow zinnia I noticed this butterfly so waited for it to find a flower.  As I was looking at the zinnias another butterfly caught my eye.  Its bold colors are quite the contrast.  Double click on the picture to see this butterfly in all its glory.


This weeks church flowers in the buckets.


There are four ladies that spend a several hours every Friday afternoon arranging cut flowers for Saturday and Sunday services.  They usually make 10-12 arrangements from garden and florist flowers.  This is what they produced with the flowers from my garden this week.  I'll try to show a couple of their arrangements when I update the blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment